I Miss My Sleep  

Posted by Shannon & Lindsay

My child always looks so peaceful when she sleeps! I never look that peaceful! I'm sure if someone were to take a nice picture of me sleeping it would probably end up on YouTube and I would forever be remembered as the matted hair woman with drool down her chin and all over her pillow :)


I sure miss being able to sleep all night long though. Even though when you add up the hours I DO get to sleep at night it's a normal amount, it's not consecutive hours and so by the the end of the day I can barely keep my eyes open. I won't lie though, it's better than the restless leg and endless noctural urination I experienced while being pregnant :)


I also found it very appreciative that my stretch marks decided to wait until AFTER delivery to appear. I was like "I'm so lucky I didn't get ANY stretch marks!" and then one week after she was born I wake up one morning and there they are! At least it's only a few and they seem to be getting better. But when I think of how bad some people get them (see pic below - which is NOT me), I feel much better!


This entry was posted on Thursday, April 3, 2008 at 3:41 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

Your Child is SOO cute! That picture is So precious!!

ps.. Im glad that "Hoopz" won on the "Love", i was Not a fan of New york

April 3, 2008 at 4:45 PM

Babies are to precious when they sleep. I still don't sleep well, Logan is not a good sleeper! And when one of them make a noise I am up waiting for them to make more and wake up(not my choice though)!
I am glad my stretchmarks are light, they aren't very noticeable. But mine didn't appear until after also.

April 3, 2008 at 5:53 PM

GROSS! I can't believe those are real. You are one lucky duck! Lindsay is just the cutest! Can't wait to see you.

April 3, 2008 at 8:45 PM

I love all of her hair!

I saw the picture, and I was like, POOR Shannon! I was the same way, my stretch marks came after my c-section. I'm still mad about it, but I'm glad they are not even close to those ones!

I'm tired (literally) of getting up at night too, I dont think I've had a full good night's sleep since September. It feels good to sleep on my stomach again though.

April 4, 2008 at 9:30 AM

Post a Comment