Happy Birthday Lindsay!  

Posted by Shannon & Lindsay

Yay! Today my little one turns 1 year old! How the time flies :( Just yesterday I was cradling her tiny, little body and now she's practically a lady! Pinkies up! Just so you can see how much she has grown over the past year here is something to compare it:


At 4 weeks, this was a loose dress on her. Today, she wore it as a shirt :)
Now, birthdays are a big deal in my family so today, I sat her down and said, "Alright, kid. Here's how the birthday gig works. Today is YOUR day. We do whatever you want." I did, however, warn her that there was one stipulation: Your choice of activities cannot involve the consumption of any inedible and/or hazardous items including, but not limited to: Rabbit poop, toilet water, rocks, dog food, and nail polish remover - all items which she has tried to eat in the last few days.

So, after I gave her the birthday rundown, she received a bath so she was fresh and clean and she decided she'd like to start her day with a little naked reading. I mean, who doesn't?

She then thought it would be fun to follow the pups out in to the backyard.


Then she chose a delicious and nutritious birthday breakfast of: A bowl of Cornflakes, three swallows of Diet Coke and a Ghiardelli dark chocolate and raspberry square. Then after naptime we got ready and went to say a Happy Birthday hello to Daddy at work and Lindsay climbed every step of the grand staircase up to his office all by herself.

After that we headed to Sue's Pet Castle for some puppy browsing since there's nothing in this world that Lindsay loves more than a puppy. I figured I was less likely to bring home a $1,000 puppy from a pet store than I was a free one at the pound - their said little faces make me want to take home every one of them! Lindsay squealed at a Puggle, a Pomeranian and a Beagle and then found her puppy favorite, a little boy Pug. We named him Frank -a.k.a The Entertainer - but, sadly, we had to leave him at the store :(

We then had a nice lunch at The Egg & I where Lindsay threw toys, books, silverware, straws, sausage, apples, and french toast all over the floor. She also apparently upset a couple of ladies sitting next to us because they asked to move to a different table because, "they couldn't handle sitting next to loud, uncontrollable children - no offense." I said, "None taken. We have a problem sitting next to pretentious middle aged people with holier-than-thou attitudes. No offense." A lovely meal with lovely conversation - it all equals out :)

We then headed home for second naps and then we went for a ride in Lindsay's new buggy Squirt. We walked all the way to the Texaco to get a drink and a sucker and then on our way home it got unbelievable windy and Lindsay wanted out of Squirt and to be held. So picture me walking through the strong wind with a sticky kid on my hip while pushing a little buggy and trying to keep sucker juice and hair out of my face. (It reminds me of when we were little walking to Harts in the rain while giving piggy backs - Mel, ring a bell?)

We then had dinner and Lindsay ate her mini Barbie cake. Well, she mostly ate the frosting - but don't we all? We even got a cute video of her while we were singing Happy Birthday.


She then had another birthday bath in order to cleanse herself of the pink and blue frosting facial she gave herself, and then played with her presents in her diaper. I wish on my birthday I got to cover myself in cake and frosting and then play half naked with some toys. Ah, to be a child again!
She also will get to have a big family party on Saturday. Uncle Darren, and Aunt Tracy and Aunt Kelly are coming down to celebrate. Naturally, I chose a puppy-themed party, complete with a puppy pinata! I'll be sure to post some more party pics on Saturday!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE GIRL!!!!!!

This entry was posted on Wednesday, March 4, 2009 at 1:13 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

8 comments

I can't believe she is already one!
Her cake looks so pink and tasty!

You know.. i find it naturally calming reading naked. Everyone should try it
:D

March 4, 2009 at 8:45 PM

You make your blog posts so entertaining to read. Happy day to your little one.

March 4, 2009 at 10:08 PM

No girl is cuter than my cuddle bug! Can't wait for the birthday puppy extravaganza. Happy Birthday, Lindsay Jo!!! Love you!

March 4, 2009 at 11:09 PM

Naked reading is the best! I hate having to put Adam in a diaper after bathtime because he's so darn cute playing with his toys naked. Alas, my carpet wins everytime.

What a fun day! I love her buggy.

March 5, 2009 at 10:44 AM

Oh yeah, that pink unicorn is channeling "Mr. Fluffy".

Oh yeah again, I was just thinking about our Hart's excursions the other day. It seems like I always spilled my pop on the way home on our bikes. Remember the time we saw Jacob Clark in his trenchcoat and carrying his whip in the desert?

March 5, 2009 at 10:46 AM

Oh to be young again and to read in the nude. Happy Birthday Lindsay!

March 6, 2009 at 9:19 AM

Oh, I mean Big Fluffy. Silly me.

March 6, 2009 at 7:04 PM

Sounds like a perfect day!

March 7, 2009 at 3:11 PM

Post a Comment