First Birthday - Part 2  

Posted by Shannon & Lindsay


The only thing better than a birthday party, is A SECOND BIRTHDAY PARTY! We have a fun blow-out for my newly crowned toddler - I no longer have an infant around :( All of my family came down for the fiesta, along with my Grandma, Jeremy's Dad and Lindsay's bestest friends Gracie and Lily.


Aunt Tracy blessed us with her time and talents and made Lindsay two cakes! One was a puppy that we named "Creep Dog" after Lindsay's creepy looking dog who is also named Creep Dog. Then she also made a great purple cake complete with puppy paws on it. Can you tell my child is ridiculously in love with puppies? It's a borderline obsession :) After the candle was blown out Tracy made sure to remove the puppy's licorice mouth as the licorice was supposedly over a year old. Knowing me I probably would still have eaten it :)


In keeping with the Puppy theme, we had hot dogs for dinner (YUM!) Everyone wore their puppy party hates - albeit begrudingly - and Lindsay looked at her candle, I blew it and then everyone dug in!

Then it was pinata time! Lindsay was more obsessed with playing with the pinata than trying to hit it. Hopefully she doesn't generalize beating something that looks like a dog until treats come out because, if so, my dogs better watch their backs!



We then opened presents and Lindsay got a cute doll with a stroller, new clothes, a go fish game, new books, and a mini vacuum; however, so far, she has been obsessed with the singing puppy card that came with her gift from Gracie and Aunt Alyshia. She carries it around and continues to open and close it. As we speak she was wandering the living room with the card and a broken broomstick :)
So, now my little girls is practically a grown woman! It's been such a joy to have her. She always makes me laugh, smile, nearly curse, exhausted, frustrated, and unfathomably happy. So happy birthday to my little best friend - and don't worry, there'll be plenty of birthday's to follow


This entry was posted on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 at 6:42 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

What are old candy drawers for right? It did the job haha. You did such a great job on the puppy party. I had so much and miss you guys already. Give my best to creep dog and a kiss to Linds. Love ya!

my word verification: tailshts (sounds like slang for diarrhea)

March 10, 2009 at 11:29 PM

Way to bring sexy back with your hats!

March 11, 2009 at 9:57 AM

I'm glad that we don't live near by or we would have to compete with one awesome party! Well done! Looks like you all had a blast!

March 12, 2009 at 10:39 AM

Post a Comment