Something that makes me chuckle :)  

Posted by Shannon & Lindsay

Blog comment codes: Do you ever notice how when you comment on someone's blog the little code you have type in always looks like it just might be a word - but isn't? Whenever I leave a comment I always chuckle at the random near-words that come up and try to figure out what, if they actually were words, they might mean. Here are the ones I've come across today and what I think their definitions might be, should Merriam-Webster ever decide to give them a chance.

emisses - An electronic alert notifying someone that you are mourning their absence.
"I haven't my kids in a week, so I sent them some emisses."

orgatrell - The older brother of Gargamel, the Smurfs' evil nemesis.
"Orgtrell and Gargamel sure know how to make small blue people mad."

totierni - A lesser known pasta variant.
"Oh no, not totierni again!"

mifix - An small, evil, mythical creature.
"Whatever you do, don't cross paths with a mifix."


badapes - A group of apes that participate in unsavory behavior.
"Those badapes sure give us primates a bad name."

nudwerm - A naked earthworm.
"I'm thinking of joining a nudwerm colony."

thingi - A word that is on the tip of your tongue, yet you can't quite recall it.
"Hey could you bring me that thingi over there?"

prelf - The time before an elf became an elf.
"So what did you do in your prelf days?"

Silly word games.

This entry was posted on Saturday, March 7, 2009 at 8:44 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

Someone has too much time on their hands. :) Just kidding.

What does bortersi mean? That's my word verification for this comment. I am very bortersi right now.

March 7, 2009 at 10:23 PM

I think this is my favorite post of yours. My word was sesseout.

March 10, 2009 at 12:06 PM

Post a Comment