First Halloween!  

Posted by Shannon & Lindsay

Lindsay celebrated her first Halloween today! I'm sure she had pretty much no idea what was going on but it sure was fun for me! We dressed her up as Little Red Riding Hood and I took some cute pictures of her and her little stuffed wolf. I think I got a total of 3 usable pictures of her (out of close to 20) because she was constantly trying to crawl away. She'd wait right until I was pushing the button and bolt for the door as fast as she could. The only way I got her to sit still was to wave a Kix above the camera. That only transfixed her for a while - until she saw the big baggie full of Kix and decided that a bagful was better than one measly one dangling in the air and she was off and running again. Can't blame her I guess ! She sure looked cute in her little outfit though! She is currently staring at a Kix :)

We had a fun Halloween morning - Lindsay hung out in her pumpkin pajamas and then she got dressed up went to Grandpa's school for their Halloween parade. Grandpa scared the bejesus out of her at first because he was wearing a hat, but after he took it off she recognized him and was content for him to hold her while they walked around the track. All his students thought she was the cutest little Riding Hood - pretty much because she was :) Cute Halloween Jammies!
Lindsay & Grandpa!
Lots of fun with Grandpa's students!

We also carved the poor little pumpkin we rescued from the Pumpkin Trash Patch at Staheli Family farm. Lindsay liked to reach her hand inside of it and touch what was left of the guts. I mean, who doesn't though, right? It was too little for any intricate carving, and I'm not much of a pumpkin artist anyway, so we just carved her initials in it. It was the perfect size for her though! We were going to go Trunk or Treating with Alyshia and Gracie but LJ had the sniffles, a runny nose, and just wasn't feeling good - plus she pretty much started to cry any time I went near her costume - she was SO SO sick of it.

It was a fun and busy Halloween and Lindsay was happy to finally just rest - although I'm sure she'd much rather have slept in something other than her dreaded costume.
She does look peaceful though :)
Hope everyone had a happy Halloween!!!!

This entry was posted on Friday, October 31, 2008 at 7:16 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

I love Halloween. The Little Red Riding Hood costume is so darn cute!

October 31, 2008 at 10:06 PM

I have to agree that she is absolutely adorable. I love her costume.

November 1, 2008 at 8:45 AM

It's only hard to not have a girl when I see this one especially in that cute costume. I'll see if I can't at least find an Angie Jolie wig for next year.

November 2, 2008 at 5:14 PM

Looks like you had a great Halloween! I can't believe she is already 8 months! They do grow up to fast!
I am planning a park day this Tues or Thurs. Either day work for you?

November 8, 2008 at 4:32 PM

Post a Comment