Logan Fun!  

Posted by Shannon & Lindsay

LJ and I drove up to Logan last weekend to visit Kelly and we had a great time! I decided it would be easier to drive up in the evening that way LJ could just sleep in the car and there would be less stops along the way. She did great both up and back, except on the way back we had a major poop blow out - it was everywhere! I'm sure the people pumping gas next to me at the Texaco in Nephi were appreciative of the eyeful of messy gross poop diaper that I bestowed upon them. Oh well - I wasn't about to change her in the WT infested bathrooms!

Poop incident aside, we had lots of fun! We went to the Logan Zoo where Lindsay saw her first wallaby and even got to feed the little ducks all around. She also tried the swings for the very first time! She loved it - until she went a little too high and then she was all about getting out of it. We also drove down to Salt Lake and went to the Hogle Zoo where Lindsay participated in her first shoplifting (they start young these days). We walked out of the gift shop and somehow StickyFingers McStealsALot had managed to lift a rubber frog and hide it in her stroller - I wonder what other treasures she has illegally amassed since she's been able to reach. We also visited a really fun park by Utah State and Lindsay crawled all over the grass, played with the leaves, and even enjoyed a leaf or two in her mouth - she tried to eat a pinecone but I put my foot down and decided that she'd have enough earthen debris in her mouth for one day.

Kelly stayed at our hotel with us and unfortunately LJ was a nightmare to get to sleep or nap. Normally when I put her to bed, if she starts to cry I tell her goodnight and good luck and let her cry it out, but since I'm sure there were people in the rooms next to us I couldn't just let her scream her guts out so I had to force her to sit still in my arms until she fell asleep and then it was a cross-your-fingers game as to whether she would stay asleep when I put her in the crib. And then if she did wake up she would just stand in her crib and cry while giving us the death look so we would just lay still on the bed on pray that her vision was based on movement lol. (Update - she is still not back on her sleeping schedule since our return and currently wakes up every three hours during the night. Note to self: No more trips for a while.)

Non-sleeping and explosive pooping aside, it was a great trip and we were just glad that we got to hang out with Aunt Kelly for a while - she is one of my favorite people in the world! We already miss you Aunt Kelly!



















This entry was posted on Saturday, October 25, 2008 at 8:30 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

Yum!
Is that LJ eating a leaf!?
I bet that was divine :)

October 26, 2008 at 1:25 PM

Yeh, it's when, despite all of the baby holding and careful measures to keep quiet that when people in the hotel say, "oh, YOU'RE the one with the kids" , that you give it all up, shut the door, and say "good luck" again. You, your daughter, and that stikin' hot sister 'o yours are so cute.

October 26, 2008 at 5:31 PM

I hate traveling for the same reasons. We just got back from San Francisco and lucky for us our kid slept all night. It was a miracle. Maybe next time it will happen for you too. :)

Kelly is so cute.

October 27, 2008 at 8:20 PM

I still get the urge to call Todd Toddlass, or however its spelled. I dont think he ever got it. Remember when I told Kyle Quentanilla (sp?)that his name was Rob?

October 28, 2008 at 7:49 PM

Post a Comment