Welcome Home LJ!  

Posted by Shannon & Lindsay

Little LJ got to come home on Friday! The doctors wanted her to stay an extra day because she had some jaundice and thank goodness it cleared up because she looked so upset under the photo lights the doctors wanted her to stay under. She was quite the big baby when she was born (8lbs 14oz) but at two days old she was only 8lbs 2oz. She was just so swollen from the delivery that she weighed a lot more but even still she was much bigger than all the other babies in the nursery. She's gonna be a tall girl (definitely not her mother's genes) and she's nice and chubby and healthy. Everyone is just so in love with her -- she's such a pretty baby (I'm slightly biased - but it's true) and she makes such cute faces and noises and all her family just loves to stare at her. She has had a lot of trouble nursing though. I just can't get her to latch on and STAY on. She's able to suck but she just won't stay where she needs to to get any milk. So, we're pumping (a rather monotonous process) and still trying to get her to latch on. Hopefully at her first doctor's appointment next week her pediatrician can give me some tips. LJ also got to meet her Aunt Tracy and Uncle Darren this weekend, and Aunt Tracy was very good at getting her to settle down if she was fussy. Grandma Seegmiller has been helping with her at our house and she has been our savior. I would be beyond exhausted if she wasn't there to make sure I rest and drink and take it easy. Other than the nursing and the fact that she sleeps during the day and is wide awake at night, baby Lindsay is a gem of a baby. She likes her crib (she sleeps just fine all by herself) but mostly she likes snuggling and snoozing with her daddy and mommy.


More pics to come!

This entry was posted on Sunday, March 9, 2008 at 9:25 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you, she's beautiful and yes she is big! Big babies are better than small babies if you ask me. I feel your pain on the nursing thing, how come no one warns first time mom's that it will be so hard? I finally had to give up and we do formula. Hopefully it will get easier for you. Good luck! I cant wait to see more pictures!

March 11, 2008 at 2:56 PM

Congrats! I was just thinking about you the other day....hoping that you had already had her! She is so cute!
Can I add you to my blog list? This will be a great way to stay in touch!

March 12, 2008 at 12:09 PM

She is so beautiful! Definitely put more pictures up when you can!!

March 12, 2008 at 10:12 PM

I am the best shoosher ever..haha. Tell Lindsay I miss my cuddle bug!

March 13, 2008 at 10:09 PM

Post a Comment