Can I Take A Picture?  

Posted by Shannon & Lindsay

Since I neglected to mention a MAJOR change in my life I will let it now be known - I AM NO LONGER IN THE NURSERY!! If that isn't proof that God exists I don't know what is. Okay, so it wasn't THAT bad, but I'm very excited about my new calling: Young Women Personal Progress Advisor. All the girls in my ward are way fun, friendly, and excited to be there so so far it's been a lot of fun. Since tonight was YM/YW Lindsay and I walked down to the church and we all learned from Brother Yancy in our bishopric how to take a good picture. He has taken wedding pictures for over 25 years so he taught us some great tricks to taking a great pic.

We took some pictures of the Pinewood derby that was going on and then went outside to see what flowers, plants, and people we could take pictures of. Mine, however, seemed to just come out exactly like I normally take them, regardless of any extra instruction and advice. I guess that means I'm either a naturally good photographer, or hopeless even with help. Knowning my luck, it's the latter. Oh well, we had a lot of fun and I got to know each of the girls - and now it will be nice to know some girls who can babysit!



P.S. pics of my new floor are coming - it's still a work in progress :)

This entry was posted on Tuesday, April 28, 2009 at 8:07 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

A new calling is always a good change no matter where the calling may be. I have to admit my favorite calling so far has been sunbeams. Right now I am over the YW sports and it a lot of fun too I have a lot of freedom and it is seasonal. What more could I ask for?!?

April 29, 2009 at 6:22 AM

Bob and I went from 6 months in nursery to a full year of sunbeams with the same ten kids. I was definitely done by the end of it(we only got released because I gave birth). As for the pictures I think the real secret is to have a really nice camera.

April 30, 2009 at 6:11 PM

Post a Comment