Easter Family Fun!  

Posted by Shannon & Lindsay

Today we went to my family's annual Easter Egg Barbecue. This was the first one where Lindsay was old enough to play around with her little cousins and enjoy finding some fun, hidden treats. We all get together quite often at my Aunt Gayle's house for these fun barbecues and it's always fun to catch up with the cousins and see how fast and tall all the kids are growing.

We all ate til our stomachs could take no more - I partook of one of my all-time favorite foods: a severely blackened hot dog. My Uncle Arthur always knows that's how I like 'em. Then all the little kids ran like crazy to the backyard to search for eggs and treats. Lindsay was mostly content to play with a ball instead of hunt for eggs, but with a little coaching she found some foil covered chocolate eggs. She didn't mind the foil taste apparently because they went directly into her mouth. By the end of the day she was covered in dirt, chocolate, grass, and baked beans - the dirtier you are the better time you must be having. That's my philsophy.
The barbecue ended with I think a newly made up game of what I called Easter Basket Ball. Everyone was trying to throw a ball into an Easter basket full of treats. It doesn't take much to entertain us :) Give us some food and a ball and we always have a great time!
Here are some pics of the whole fam hanging out. I know there's a lot, but hey, we had a good time!

This entry was posted on Saturday, April 11, 2009 at 7:35 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

Your Easter looks like it was a lot warmer than my Easter in Delta (it rained the whole time). I've been hearing about these famous Easter parties my whole life! That's good that the tradition continues. Lindsay's outfit is adorable.

April 11, 2009 at 8:41 PM

Props for the speedy posting gurl! I easily forget how much our family rocks, until we get together. I love all our gatherings. The food was great wasn't it?

April 11, 2009 at 9:34 PM

Dude...I didn't know you were related to the Hales! I grew up around the corner from them and Gayle was my Mia Maid teacher. :O) What's the relation - is it your mom or dad's side?

April 15, 2009 at 1:13 AM

Post a Comment