A Much Cooler Weekend!  

Posted by Shannon & Lindsay

We went to Salt Lake for a long weekend and had a blast! Jeremy needed to meet with some clients so LJ and I went with him for a little shopping and hanging out with the family. The weather was great and I even needed a jacket - something we St. Georgians keep in the attic for "special occasions"

LJ and I hung out at IKEA for a while while Jeremy worked one day and she began to fall asleep in the shopping cart (I told her maybe if you nap when you should this wouldn't happen lol) and so I went to pick her up and she was covered in poop! So I couldn't carry her through the store so I just hurried through it, manuvering past gawking shoppers and occasionally sliding into displays, while she slept with her head in my hand. Thankfully we made it to the restroom (and double thankfully I brought an extra outfit with me) and poop was everywhere! I swear she holds it in specifically let loose her poopstorms in public locations.

Poop currently in progress!

Then we decided to go to the zoo on Saturday. Tracy, Jeremy, LJ, and I had so much fun reminiscing about when went to the zoo as kids. We even let LJ drink from the Lion fountain that we all remember loving when we came many many many many years ago! LJ loved, loved, loved, the animals but especially the ones that were close to the fence, moving around, or walking around the park (like the peacocks and turkeys). She screeched and laughed and it was the cutest thing ever!





Kelly came down from Logan on Saturday afternoon and we sisters all drove to Ogden to watch Carson and DSC play Weber State (they didn't fare to well - but isn't it sportsmanship what really counts lol?). Poor Carson took a really hard hit in the third quarter and received a fairly nice concussion. He walked off the field but says he doesn't remember doing it. But I got some really nice pictures of him playing and we even saw our cousin Patrick's long lost twin. I wanted to ask him for a pic but that would probably have weirded him out! All in all it was a great night!


Patrick's long lost twin in the yellow!
The drive home wasn't so bad except that we went from 75 degress to just under 100 when we got home. I then decided that I want to start my own pseudoholiday (cuz let's be honest, Groundhoug Day, Arbor Day, Columbus Day, really? Sounds less like a holiday and more like just another excuse for the bank to be closed) and it will be the opposite of Groundhog day - if some random animal that I have yet to think up comes outside his earthly abode and is scorched to death by the evil sun rays of St. George, then there's be six more weeks of summer. Who's with me?


This entry was posted on Sunday, September 14, 2008 at 7:00 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

Oh man, another blow out of poop.
The zoo sounds like it was fun!
I love the new picture of LJ, she is So cute!

September 15, 2008 at 7:15 PM

Where the heck is Tracy? Tell her to update!

I remember seeing the pictures of you guys at the zoo, sticking your heads up in the bubble things, know what I'm talking about? I was always so jealous because I had never done that.

I'm pretty sure your baby is bigger than mine, he doesn't do very well in shopping carts yet. Everytime I see the weather forecasts for St George I'm glad that I live here. I'm sure that you'll be thinking that in a few months when its freezing in SLC.

September 15, 2008 at 10:03 PM

Fun pictures! Everybody has to have a "lion drinking fountain pic". Even Carlos got one on his first trip to to zoo! I love watching babies get excited about animals!!

September 18, 2008 at 10:23 AM

Post a Comment