I'm Back!  

Posted by Shannon & Lindsay

Okay, so my blogging reprieve was not as long as I thought. I decided that in order for me to process what's going on in my life, talking about it will help.

So, here's the lowdown - - - - -
Yes, I'm getting divorced. Is it fun? Not the first time, certainly not the second Maybe
the 3rd, 4th, or 5th won't be so bad :)

Am I upset about it? Absolutely. But I cannot change the past and I cannot change
the decisions of others. I can only move forward, face reality, and repave the future.

I never imagined that my life would involve being a twice-divorced single mother. It just sounds more like a Bravo show - The Real Housewives of St. George (minus the wealth, mansions, and reunion shows). But nevertheless, it is something I will accept wholeheartedly, adjust to accordingly, and try my utmost to give my daughter the best me I can because she deserves nothing less.

Jeremy is a good guy, he is taking care of us financially, he loves Lindsay more than anything and despite the end of our marriage he will remain an involved father. Although divorce involving children is always disheartening, I do feel that since she's so young it won't have such a dramatic effect on her childhood as it would if we had parted ways later on in life. So, to quote something Jen & Brad might have said ...."we remain close and committed friends" and will do our best to raise our daughter together and show her that although we're not married anymore we both love her more than she could ever imagine.

I've been looking for places and have found a nice little townhome that I've put a reservation deposit on. Hopefully everything works out with that and we can move in once the construction is completed at the end of August. In the meantime, Linds and I will move back in with the parents. Although I always said I wouldn't want to have to live with my parents again (Hello, I'm almost 30), I feel very blessed that they would open their home to us for a couple months to help us get back on our feet. I'm very lucky to have a family (both on my side and Jeremy's) who loves and supports me no matter what.

Thank you everyone for your prayers, your love, and support. And since many of you have asked how you can help ----here's something: Someone get married and for tradition's sake, let me be a bridesmaid. Because it seems my lot in life is to be always the bride and never the bridesmaid. :)

This entry was posted on Sunday, June 14, 2009 at 8:46 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

7 comments

Oh, Shannon! I'm so sorry to hear about this. I am amazed by your courage and direction. I wish you all the best. I am however already married so I will have to leave the bridesmaid thing up to your sisters! Good luck. We love you and will be praying for you!

June 15, 2009 at 5:16 AM

You are courageous, and I hope you can draw on that courage as much as possible, but when it feels like you can't, or don't want to feel strong, give me call. Also, you know Sharee has a big 'ol empathic shoulder to offer you as well.

June 15, 2009 at 8:14 AM

I'm sorry to hear of this. How courages are you, it's such a blessing to have great supportive families isn't it. It will all work out! My sis is getting married in August, I'm sure she'll let ya tag around as a bridesmaid ;)

June 15, 2009 at 10:37 AM

Shannon, you have such a good attitude. Stay positive. It's refreshing that you have kind things to say about Jeremy as well. While it's tough with a little girl involved, you also are lucky to have a beautiful daughter from your marriage. I know that she'll bring you lots of joy and a reason to keep going.

June 15, 2009 at 11:12 AM

Lindsay is blessed to have the best mom in the world (well, you're tied with our mom haha). If only I was getting married , but my situatino seems to be always in a relationship that I end just before that happens :) I'm working on it haha! Love you and can't wait to see you Thursday!

June 15, 2009 at 11:37 AM

I'm sure this can't be easy, but if anyone can pull through I know you can.

June 16, 2009 at 7:55 AM

I'm glad to see you back. You'll be a bridesmaid someday. I'm sure you sisters can't stay single forever.

June 25, 2009 at 6:50 PM

Post a Comment