Can It Really Be True?  

Posted by Shannon & Lindsay

If you woke up this morning, looked out your window and saw this:





Or opened your newspaper to the following article:



It's because........................
I FINALLY GRADUATED!!!!!!!!!!!
It's been a long time coming but I'm proud to say that I finally am done with school. I won't actually be able to walk until June as that is the only commencement ceremony, but this semester has been my last, thankfully, and, ironically, the most trying even though I only had 6 credits. It was so difficult to run a house, raise a kid, and go to school all at the same time. I give props to all those parents who have multiple kids and full time jobs and still manage to get through school - I don't know how they do it. I'm not ashamed to brag and say that I'm proud of myself because for those of you who know me well know that there was a time in my life (What I call when I "took five years off of life") where college and my future were the last thing on my mind. My life decisions weren't so good, my judgment was impaired, and I made a lot of mistakes which ultimately cost me a lot - and in more ways than one. So to have been able to turn my life around, find a husband who treats me well, get sealed in the temple, have a beautiful baby, and now achieve something I've always wanted I don't feel self-centered or egotistical to give myself a fairly large pat on the back :) So, now when you meet me on the street, I'll shake your hand and say, Hello I'm Shannon Cobb, college graduate.

This entry was posted on Friday, December 19, 2008 at 9:22 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

10 comments

Congrats! That is a huge accomplishment and I am both jealous and proud! Now you can relax until you figure out what's next for you to tackle! Happy holidays!

December 19, 2008 at 10:15 PM

Congratulations! That's really exciting. We'll be watching for an announcement in the mail around June-ish. :O)

Speaking of mail...I can't get your hubby to respond with your address. Can you email it to me at janetbarton at infowest dot com?

Thanks!

December 19, 2008 at 11:58 PM

Congratulations!!

December 20, 2008 at 6:59 AM

HOLY SMOKES!
That is SOoooooo awesome that you are done!
I remember when we used to talk about how we can't wait till school is over... Well. hooray for you it is!
I still have one semester to survive through.
Two thumbs up for you :D

December 20, 2008 at 10:40 AM

Well done! I'm glad that the Shannon that we all love came back from a 5 year break. And that you have a nice husband! AND don't forget the baby!

December 20, 2008 at 11:39 AM

I'll be expecting that handshake in a few days. You coming to the thingy aren't you? Congrats. As an inside outsider, I've been proud of you no matter what you've done. Seriously. To have had to make the decisions you've had to make at such a young age, and come out the way you are now. I'm glad to be part of your family and that process.

December 20, 2008 at 4:42 PM

Congrats! I think it's amazing to graduate even when you don't have kids. When I graduated I was sooo done, I never want to go back. I'm really impressed you did it with a sweet little girl at just the right age to make it so much more difficult.

December 21, 2008 at 11:32 AM

I love ya love ya love ya and couldn't be more proud of my big sister. You are amazing! Congrats!

December 21, 2008 at 12:29 PM

P.S. -You HAVE to get a facbook account! The reason? Tyler Lundgreen.
P.S.S. His daughter's name is Lundyn (sp?). Lundyn Lundgreen.

I hope he doesn't read your blog!

December 22, 2008 at 4:59 PM

I am really excited for you. Congrats.

December 27, 2008 at 7:54 PM

Post a Comment