Ch-ch-ch-changes!  

Posted by Shannon & Lindsay

What a whirlwind week it has been for me!

Right now I am currently resting on my bed because I feel like I have the back of an 80 year old - too much lifting I guess!

On Monday I got a call from the 5th District Court where I had interviewed for a job. They called and offered me the position of deputy court clerk. I was so excited! Of all the jobs I had applied for this was the one that I really, really wanted. I had prayed so hard that I would be able to get this job - so prayer does work! Luckily since I was looking for work, I had already scouted out day care places and found the perfect one. It's right between my new apartment and my parent's house and Lindsay loves it there. But I guess I could leave her anywhere there was a dog and she'd love it!

So I started work on Tuesday and I love it. It's a lot of busy work but I'm one of those people that love that. Everyone's commented on how great I'm doing and everyone there is really friendly. I've even learned how to swear someone to documents they're sigining which is my favorite part - "Do you solemnly swear the information contained in these documents is true and correct to the best of your knowledge?" :) It's a fun job, has great benefits, gets me more socially connected, and keeps me busy. I miss Lindsay during the day but I sure appreciate the time I spend with her more.

On Friday I signed the lease to my apartment, the loan on my townhome didn't go through (stupid lenders not accepting alimony) - but it's a great little place and Lindsay's room is huge. More room for more messes! Hopfully I don't receive Melenie's curse of the neighbors and I can make some new friends shortly. I started moving in Friday night, and Darren, Carson, and my Dad helped me move all the big stuff on Saturday morning. Thanks guys!! I've got everything moved in, decorations up, and the only thing left is hanging my clothes in the closet which I am continually putting off because I have too too too many clothes.

Like I said, all is well and I'm glad things are looking up for me now. I've had to learn to readjust a lot lately - I'm still readjusting - and I'm thankful for the new opportunities that have opened up for me. Now it's rest time - at least until tomorrow.

This entry was posted on Sunday, July 19, 2009 at 1:08 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

8 comments

I think it would be fun to work at the courthouse, or where ever it is. :) Do you get to wear a gun? ha ha. That's too bad about your townhouse. I'm pretty sure all of the crazy neighbors are surrounding me, so you should be good. At least you will have your parents' house to run to if you have any annoying neighbors.

July 19, 2009 at 2:17 PM

I'm glad that you are enjoying your new job! It sounds intriguing!

July 19, 2009 at 5:44 PM

Hoooray for Shannon!!! I'm glad you found a job that makes you happy... I swear that's half the battle!

July 20, 2009 at 11:55 AM

I am so happy for you! Good job!

July 21, 2009 at 10:01 AM

Excited to see you at work everyday. I knew you would be great.

July 21, 2009 at 8:35 PM

Wow that's a lot of changes! But it sounds like you are doing good. Let me know if you need anything!

July 23, 2009 at 7:44 AM

Congratulations on the new job, and everything else!

July 26, 2009 at 3:59 PM

I can totally see you digging your new job. I bet if they gave you the chance to give someone their Miranda Rights, you'd break out in hives from excitement:) I'd love to see your new digs after you're all settled in.

July 26, 2009 at 10:26 PM

Post a Comment