I'm Irritated  

Posted by Shannon & Lindsay

Sometimes I feel like ranting about things that drive me nuts:

1. Nursery - I love kids, they are blessings; however, sometimes other people's kids are not. I get fuming mad when parents drop of their little sweet angels with the following words: "He's in that biting stage" and then smile and head off to relief society. I also hate when people think playdough for 2 year olds is a fun idea. I know I had fun pulling it out of kid's mouths and digging it out of the carpet. How about next week we teach them to juggle knives and then encourage them to take candy from strangers, WWJD?

2. Garbage Men - Granted I am thankful for those individuals who take on the task of picking up our garbage; however is it that big of a deal if my trash cans are not the designated 3 feet apart? I mean really, are they actually measuring? Thank you garbage men for informing me of my crime to society and for leaving my trash can on my doorstep along with a kind post it note.

3. Black Toyota Corollas - I was burdened with a black Toyota Corolla for 4 years that for some reason could only keep 3 hubcaps on at a time. When finally I am rid of the blasted thing, any time since that I've had to rent a car I receive a BLACK TOYOTA COROLLA - this has happened 3 times, and coincidentally I was even given one once that came with only three hubcaps; they must have known I was coming. I am currently driving one due our being rear-ended and although I am thankful for the full set of hubcaps I am so sick of this bloody car if I never see another Corolla again it will be too soon.

4. President-elect Obama - For the love of all things good in this world, can we just get this inauguration over with? Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against him, I just feel like this election has dragged on for years and it will be my eleventy seventh birthday before people will stop remarking on this unprecedented election. I get it. It's an historical moment for our country - now let's move on! And for the record, I dont' give a tiny rat's A what kind of dog their kids get. Be it a beagle, a rottweiler, a chihuahua, or a three legged pomeranian is this really newsworthy material?

That is my rant - I feel better :)

This entry was posted on Thursday, January 15, 2009 at 10:40 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

7 comments

I'm going to add mine. Careful, it's scandalous in SAHM bloggy world...etsy. I have issues with the name, not the site, nor what people do with their crafty talents. But I can't shop at etsy, because, it's called etsy.

January 15, 2009 at 11:14 PM

Poor you!! I agree with all of your points. I am so sick of all the presidential stuff. That is really ironic about the Black Corolla. Kind of freaky, actually. I never understand the parents that tell you bad things in the sugary voice as though that is supposed to make everything ok. Like, "my son will probably hit your child but he is just little and doesn't understand". Yeah, one of our neighbors said that about her son and so I said, ok, well then he can stay away from our house and Dylan. Um, crazy parents! Glad you feel better about venting!

January 16, 2009 at 9:02 AM

Yeah, etsy sounds like a clothing store name.

I'm with you on Obama and his dog. Why is this so interesting?

I'm tired of other people's kids too. We had a little boy bite another kid at work today. The biter's mom didn't even ask if the 2nd kid was okay.

That's hilarious about the Corollas. Does it have a curved dashboard?

January 16, 2009 at 3:18 PM

Shannon, you always put a smile on my face. I know you probaly weren't smiling while writing this, but your sense of humor makes my day! Hey your Corolla was the shiz in the CMG/MSI days. ;)

January 20, 2009 at 10:49 AM

Funny about the Corolla! Sorry you have a rental because you got rear-ended...glad you are all okay.
I agree with the whole Obama craziness! They have spent WAY to much money on this! It is ridicules!

January 20, 2009 at 5:46 PM

I absolutely loved reading this post. I totally feel you on the nursery thing. Bob and I were in the nursery for 5 months and then moved up with all 11 kids to sunbeams for a whole year. I was so sick of being a babysitter for 11 three year olds every week. Gotta love a curved dash!

January 24, 2009 at 7:01 PM

I agree with the playdoh. Marlee has it stuck to her dress every Sunday after church from sitting in someone else's or stuck to the bottom of her show. And the Obama thing..when everyone talks about "the big change" and we needed a change, the only change is that the man in black.

February 4, 2009 at 4:03 PM

Post a Comment